Truly one of the top French drummer for Jazz, Fusion & Pop music, Roger Biwandu started his international career at an early age ( 18 years old ) with Jazz greats such as John Stubblefield, James Williams, Mark Turner & Bireli Lagrène. His incredible skills have led him to perform to with a wide range of artists among them : Andy Narell, Sixun, Joe Zawinul Syndicate, I Muvrini, Jacques Higelin....
Today Roger is ready for a new step in his career a solo album, soon to be record.
- Member of the group "Chic Hot", with Etienne MBappe, Mario Canonge & Hervé Gourdikian, with whom he recorded the famous album "Satyagraha" on Lusafrica/Concord.
- He has toured from 1991 until 1997 all over Europe with the incredible gypsy guitarist Bireli Lagrène.
- European Tour with the French top fusion group of the 80's & early 90's Sixun.
- He has perform at the Abidjan Festival in Ivory Coast with the top group of Afro-fusion band Ultramarine.
- French tour with the notorious Californian pianist John Beasley.
- Concerts in Los Angeles ( Namm Show, Catalina's ) & NYC ( The Blue Note ) with the Joe Zawinul Syndicate.
- Concert at Blue Note Milano with Antonio Farao, Bireli Lagrène and Linley Marthe in september 2003.
- Has performed from 1993 until 1995 with Pierre Vassiliu and he's recorded with him " les Délires de Vassiliu".
- Big tour of the French speaking countries (1996) with Jacques Higelin, with famous guests such as Carole Fredericks, Paul Personne, Louis Bertignac...
- Member of the Hip Hop/R'n'B group Tribal Jam, has recorded with them the album " Démarre le Show" for EMI which became golden disc.
Musical director of the group nominated for the African Awards in Johannesburg in 1998.
Many TV shows ( Taratata, Nulle par ailleurs...) where the group perform with such stars as Womack & Womack, Liane Foly, the rapper K-Mel.
- Drummer for the Corsican group "I Muvrini" since June 2000, which leads him to tour non stop world wide.
Has performed on their latest album, has played in the biggest French concert hall (Zenith, Bercy...).
- Concerts in Brazil ( Rio de Janeiro ), in January 2001 with the cameroonese singer Henri Dikongue for the festival " Rock in Rio".
- Has recorded with Carole King, Chris de Burgh, The Hanson, Jeff Beck, Narada Walden.... at the studio of Miles Copeland ( ex-manager of Police & Sting ) near Périgueux in France.
- Recording " Umani" of I Muvrini alongside famous artists such as Manu Katché, Pino Palladino, MC Solar, Stefan Eicher...
- The I Muvrini album "Umani" has won the French Grammy Award ( World Music) in February 2003.